μniverse is a 2D single-player space-exploration game currently in development for the browser.
It started as an entry for Ludum Dare, but my goals outgrew the time limits of the competition.
Those of you familiar with either of those games will know that the universe is a procedurally-generated sandbox — there are no explicit goals apart from upgrading your ship and completing missions which you choose.
Here’s a list of some things I envision happening within the game:
blog comments powered by Disqus
- More visual variety of planets, stations, enemies, etc.
- More than Taxi missions.
- Research missions — acquire and return goods from a remote planet.
- Transporting unruly prisoners…
- Bounty hunting.
- FTFTL (faster than FTL) jump-gates to different sectors of the Galaxy (Galaxy Screen).
- Building a reputation against the police.
- Hiring crew-members, such as:
- Mechanic - Automatically repairs your ship mid-flight if you have scrap metal.
- Smuggler - Reduces your chance of being caught with fugitive passengers or illegal goods.
- Muscle - Keeps unruly passengers in order.
- Jettisoning anything and everything, including bombs… and passengers.
- More surprises to encounter during your travels.